Today was a real emotional day! First off, I got into a 'discussion' with the hospital pediatrician. Because of Deanna's past (nothing too serious), the doctor feels that Brinley needs to stay in the hospital one more night for observation. I tried to reassure her that I am a NICU nurse and know signs to look for for a baby in distress and would immediately bring her in. She wouldn't go for it. I kept asking her what exactly she was looking for and she couldn't give me an answear. At one point she goes 'I'm sure you have more experience than me' and I was like 'Yeah, I'm sure I do!'. Anway I couldn't get her to budge. Brinley is so fine. She eats, sleeps, poops, and pees! All her vital sighns have always been great. There is absolutely no reason for her to stay in the hospital one more night. Argh! But there is nothing I can do about it so I might as well just deal with it.
We spent the morning in Deanna's room with her. She was discharged today. It was sooo sad to leave her room and know she was leaving the hospital without a baby. We were all crying, even Sam was a bit teary. Part of me feels like such a heal taking her baby from her, even though it is her choice. The other part of me is so estatic to be given the honor of raising this little gem. Sam & I both feel like we have known Deanna forever as opposed to just a few days. I know I've said it before, but I just can't quit marveling at what a strong and unselfish woman she is. She knows she can't parent Brinley and has shown the greatest love of all, by letting us do it. Sam & I saw a quote today that we both love. 'I didn't give you to them, I gave them to you.' That is how we will explain everything to Brinley.
In the afternoon we went to the adoption agency to sign papers. Brinley is now Brinley Kayrene-Marissa TAYLOR!!! WOW! When we were done signing, we were getting ready to walk out of the gals office, and Sam turns to her and says 'Um, did you want a check?' She was like 'Oh, yeah, I almost forgot!' I told Sam he shouldn't have said anything! LOL
After that we hung out at the agency for a bit with all the workers and Deanna. I can tell Deanna is a favorite client of theirs. She is such a hoot! Then we took Deanna to her hotel room and went back to the hospital to spend the evening with Brinley.
One more night without her! :(
Halloween
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment